- All first semester freshman student-athletes, regardless of
high school academic record
- Transfer student-athletes with a transfer GPA below a
- Continuing student-athletes with a last semester GPA below a
- Any student-athlete as determined by the head coach
- Sunday – Thursday 6:30 – 9:30
- Location – HEC 2036 (Nursing Computer
- Monitor will be on site for verifying sign-in and sign-out,
maintaining order and checking/collecting objective sheets
- Student-athletes have flexibility in choosing how they earn
their four hours during the allowable 15 hours each week. All
hours must be completed by the end of Thursday evening. The
new week always begins on Sunday.
- NO FOOD OR DRINK ALLOWED! (School of Nursing
Click here for Study Hall Objective Sheet
- Must be filled out PRIOR to entering study
- Must be SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and
- Reading must be accompanied by additional task (i.e.,
annotation, chapter notes, back of the chapter questions,
- Study Hall Monitor will not check in a student if the objective
sheet is not complete or is not correctly written and will not be
allowed to return the same day.
- Study Hall Monitor will check student’s work to ensure
the objective has been completed and the student-athlete will
initial their earned hours. If a student is consistently not
completing his or her work and mismanaging his or her hours, the
time will not be counted.
- Computers are only to be used for completing academic
assignments (i.e. Blackboard, writing papers, etc.).
Unauthorized use of computers includes Facebook, Twitter, YouTube,
checking scores on ESPN, etc. Student-athletes will be
removed from study hall immediately for unauthorized use.
- Coaches will be notified every Friday of their
student-athletes’ weekly hours.
- Failure to complete the four required hours will result in the
Consequences will be determined and implemented by the
coach. Consequences must be reported in writing to the
Athletic Academic Advisor.
Students are required to do double the amount of hours
not completed the previous week as extra on top of their normal
required four hours (ex: two hours missed, equals four additional
hours on top of four hours required equals eight total hours the
Student will be suspended from the next scheduled single
- One-on-one tutoring outside of study hall does count for study
hall hours. However, this must be PRE-APPROVED by the Athletic
Academic Advisor and a completed objective sheet, signed by the
tutor, must be turned in to the Athletic Academic Advisor within 24
hours of the tutoring appointment.
- Travel study hours/hotel study halls do not
count. Student-athletes are expected to study while traveling
in addition to the minimum weekly study hall requirements.
- While meeting with a professor is encouraged, it does
not count in your weekly totals.
- Attending a Supplemental Instruction session
does count, but must be approved and confirmed in
advance by the Athletic Academic Advisor. In addition, the signed
and complete objective sheet must be submitted to the Athletic
Academic Advisor the following business day after the tutoring