Kennesaw, Ga. – Kennesaw State starting pitcher Tony Dibrell held the USC Upstate baseball team to a season-low three hits as the Owls claimed a 4-0 win at Stillwell Stadium on Friday night.
Kennesaw State improves to 13-17 overall and 2-2 in the ASUN Conference while Upstate drops to 14-18 and 1-3.
- Bottom 1st- Kennesaw State got on the board as Taylor Allum reached on a two-out single, advanced to second on a Griffin Helms base hit and scored on a Chris Erwin single.
- Bottom 5th – Taylor Allum drove in two runs with a two-run double.
- Bottom 7th – Grant Williams scored on a fielder's choice for the final run of the game.
- Dibrell (3-2) pitched a complete game, allowing three hits with three walks and 13 strikeouts.
- Jordan Miller (1-1) took the loss, allowing three runs on six hits with three walks and two strikeouts in 6.0 innings.
- Russell Schwertfeger had one of Upstate's three hits as he led off the game with a single. Jake Bourke and Brett Hawkins each had a single.
- Allum went 2-for-2 with a single, double and two RBI.
- Erwin went 1-for-4 with two RBI.
- The series continues tomorrow at 2 p.m.