Jacksonville, Fla. – Jacksonville University starting pitcher Casey Kulina allowed six hits in a complete game performance as the Dolphins defeated USC Upstate by an 8-1 score for the second consecutive night at Sessions Stadium on Saturday.
Jacksonville improves to 29-21 overall and 13-4 in ASUN Conference play while Upstate drops to 22-28 and 5-12.
- Bottom 1st – Sam Armstrong's single scored Scott Dubrule for a 1-0 Jacksonville lead.
- Bottom 4th – Evan Fernandez led off the inning with a home run. Nathan Koslowski's double scored Dakota Julylia for a 3-0 Dolphin advantage.
- Bottom 5th – Armstrong hit a two-run home run for a 5-0 Jacksonville lead.
- Top 6th – Hunter Gilbert led off the inning with a single and scored on a Jake Bourke base hit.
- Bottom 8th – Jacksonville scored two runs on a Koslowski double and another run thanks to a Dubrule single.
- Bourke and J.J. Shimko each had two hits.
- Koslowski had a game-high three hits and drove in three runs.
- Armstrong, Fernandez, Julylia, Mike Cassala and Chris Lehane each had two hits.
- Both teams left six runners on base.
- Kulina (4-1) allowed one run on six hits with two walks and four strikeouts in 9.0 innings.
- Kevin Hickey (3-7) took the loss, allowing three runs on eight hits with a walk and a strikeout in 3.2 innings.
- The start of the game was delayed 45 minutes due to rain.
- The series concludes tomorrow at 1 p.m.