Ponte Vedra, Fla. – The USC Upstate men's golf team closed out the Sea Best Invitational with a final round 311 on Tuesday to finish in 15th place from the par 70, 6,873 yard TPC at Sawgrass – Dye's Valley Course.
Upstate finished the two-day tournament with a team score of 922 (307-304-311) and were led individually by Taylor White. White finished the event tied for 52nd place after shooting a final round 78 and ended the tournament with a 223 (71-74-78).
Sean Stanistreet turned in the lowest score of the day for Upstate with a 77 and concluded the tournament in 81st place with a combined score of 242 (84-81-77). Sam Merrell rounded out the Spartans fivesome in 82nd place with a score of 245 (81-77-87).
Florida won the Sea Best Invitational with a final round 284 and won by 10 strokes with a combined score of 836. Ryan Orr of Florida earned individual medalist honors after shooting 6-under 204 for the tournament.
- Warnock and Stanistreet combined to trim nine strokes from their second round scores on Monday. Warnock cut five strokes off his third round total while Stanistreet was four strokes better.
- White and Carter both ranked among the top golfers in two categories. White tied for sixth at the tournament in par 5 scoring after posting a 2-under par score with a 4.67 stroke average while Carter compiled 36 pars.
- Warnock led Upstate on Tuesday with two birdies while White had a team-high eight for the tournament.
- White has recorded scores in the 70's in 13 of the 14 rounds he has played in this season.
- Carter joins White with 11 consecutive rounds of scores in the 70's.
- The Spartans are off until March 6-7 when they travel to Aiken, S.C. for the Cleveland Golf Palmetto Intercollegiate.